Our 2021 CPP Exam Preparation Class, presented in conjunction with Schoolcraft College in Livonia, will be held Wednesday evenings between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm, beginning May 5th and running through August 18th. This class offers a comprehensive review of U.S. payroll topics. The format is a classroom lecture on a different payroll topic each week, plus two mini-exams to test your knowledge and check your test-taking preparedness.
If you plan to sit for the certification exam, download the CPP Candidate Examination Handbook at https://www.americanpayroll.org/education-certification/certification/certified-payroll-professional-(cpp) and review the required educational and work experience prerequisites for the certification exam before registering for this class. There are no eligibility requirements to enroll in this study group class.
For individuals currently certified as a CPP or FPC, this class is expected to be approved by the American Payroll Association for up to 41 recertification credit hours (RCHs), depending on your attendance. This is a great way to earn education hours toward your future recertification!
Cost of the Exam Preparation Class is $325 ($260 for seniors age 60 and older). Participants should have the 2021 edition of The Payroll Source textbook, available from the American Payroll Association at https://www.americanpayroll.org/compliance/books-products.
Registration opens March 18th and can be done online, mail-in, or walk-in.
To register online:
1) Go to https://webadvisor.schoolcraft.edu.
2) If you already have a Schoolcraft College WebAdvisor account and ID number, log into your account before continuing.
3) On the left side of the screen, click “Continuing Education (Non-Credit).”
4) Under the Registration menu, click “Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
5) Scroll down the page and enter the 6-digit Section Number (930686) or the 4-digit CES Number (1981), then click “Submit.”
6) On the next screen, click the checkbox for this class from the course list at the bottom of the screen and click “Submit.”
7) On the following screens, enter the required enrollment information. A credit card or eCheck is necessary for online registration.
To register by mail-in or walk-in:
Go https://www.schoolcraft.edu/docs/librariesprovider10/default-document-library/fillable-cepd-reg.pdf?sfvrsn=7d61dfb5_0 to download and print the registration/admission form. Complete the form and submit to Schoolcraft College with payment. The title of the class is “Certified Payroll Professional.” The 6-digit section number is 930686 and the 4-digit CES number is 1981.
Schoolcraft College’s complete Spring/Summer 2021 CEPD class catalog, including detailed registration information, may be obtained at https://www.schoolcraft.edu/docs/librariesprovider10/registration/2021---spsu-schedule_low-res.pdf?sfvrsn=6b7ea0b5_2.
We are still in Strange Times and things may change (rescheduling, cancellation, or conversion to an online format). Currently, all class sessions are scheduled to be in Room 111 of the Jeffress Center, near the corner of Haggerty and Seven Mile roads, on the Schoolcraft College campus.
Please share this information with your Payroll Team and other payroll professionals who may be interested. Because this is a Schoolcraft College course and not an APA Detroit Chapter event, we are not able to include this course in the Study Group directory on APA National’s website. We appreciate your assistance in spreading the word about this class.